Portrait national/regional programme in CORNET
Industrial Collective Research /
"Industrielle Gemeinschaftsforschung", IGF
Aim of Programme
- Collective research for the benefit of entire industrial sectors, preferably small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Openly accessible project results as basis for follow-up developments in individual enterprises
- Increasing the innovative strength of SMEs by industry-driven research projects, generated 'bottom up' and determined directly by its needs
- Strengthening the capability of SMEs to persist in increasingly internationalized markets
- Eligible applicants in Germany are industrial research associations (members of AiF only).
- Associations can assign research institutes of universities and other non-profit research centres to carry out the R&D work.
- Percentage of funding: approx. 80-90 % of the estimated project costs (resp. 100 % of the expenses that can be subsidised by the Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy)
- Commercial sectors are expected to contribute to the projects (cash, in kind transfers, goods, services).
- Projects can be funded for max. 3 years
Collective research projects require
- Scientific/technological demand regarding the industrial development of innovative products, processes and services for the benefit of SMEs
- Cross-company / industry-wide approach,
- Pre-competitiveness (serving the need of a wide grouping of companies, project results have to pass an interim stage of individual adjustment after the project and before being implemented into individual SMEs)
- Economic importance for SMEs,
- Monitoring by an individually established, project specific SME users group,
- Set-up of a detailed dissemination plan and its revision with the final report,
- Pro-active dissemination of results.
More information: www.cornet-era.net
Phone +49 221 37680-321