The network IraSME
IraSME is a network of ministries and funding agencies which are owners or managers of national and regional funding programs for cooperative research projects between small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and in participation of research and technology organisations (RTOs). IraSME supports SMEs in their transnational innovation activities, helps them to acquire technological know-how, extend their networks and bridge the gap between research and innovation.
Aim of the network
- Calls for proposals for transnational research projects are issued twice a year
- Objective to develop innovative products, processes or technical services
- Bottom-up approach, i.e. research topics are not pre-defined
- Funding is made available through national/regional programs
- Unbureaucratic support of the consortia and advise for proposal submission
- Projects can be funded if they fulfil the rules of national/regional funding programs.
- R&D activities with significant technical risks to realise new or improve significantly existing products, processes or technical services.
- Consortia consist of at least two SMEs from two different participating countries/regions with complementary technical expertise which is needed to realise the project aim.
- Additional RTOs with technical skills that are needed for the projects can be funded.
- Every partner in the consortium has to have a distinct part in the development (no redundancy) corresponding to his technical expertise.
Application and Evaluation
- The partners in a project file one common proposal application form, which describes the whole transnational project.
- At the same time the partners file national/regional applications according to the corresponding programs.
- The proposals are evaluated in a synchronised procedure by the involved funding agencies.
- After a project is approved for funding, each partner receives budget from his respective funding agency.
For further information please visit: www.ira-sme.net
Download flyer: PDF-Download (630 KB)
Christian Fichtner | Georg Nagel | Felix Richter
Phone +49 30 48163 493 | international(at)aif-projekt-gmbh.de